Omu: Work done during 2018-2019
- Detailed exploration work completed to-date:
- Exploration covered an area of 1.5 km x 1.5 kms
- Geologic mapping & prospecting
- Collection of soil samples on 100m x 100m grid
- IP survey completed, 25 lines over 100m spacing
Waki – Work done 2019 May – June:
- 1Km East of Omu target area
- Prospecting, outcrop & float sampling located on airbore magnetic high
- Detailed geologic mapping initiated
- Wide spaced soil sampling (200m line spacing)
- Discovered in 2014 by surface prospecting
- Widespread Cu-Au in rocks & soil
- Intrusive diorite mapped near OMU21DD001
- Located on the Keveri Fault
2.89% Cu, 0.044g/t Au, 6.1g/t Ag (OUTCROP)
Sheeted sub-vertical qtz-epidotesulphide veins hosted by chlorite – sericite altered mafic rocks at Didu Creek, near junction of Omu Creek. This area was targted with OMU-21-01
IP 3D Oblique View looking west northwest
IP anomaly 340 metres below surface.
Omu displays data set alignment of IP(Induced Polarization) target, a large surface soil geochemistry signature 2km x 2km, grid-based soil and rock sampling (outcrop and float), and regional structural intersection of main Keveri Fault with Dimidi NE Transfer Fault.
- Further mapping and soil sampling in arcuate or ring features at Omu SE suggest potential underlying mineralized intrusion/s.
- High grade Cu floats on the western part of the ring features and Cu-Au bearing hydrothermal breccia floats and sub-crops (EA026) on its northern part.
- Proposed drill hole OMU21DD002 – to test the centre of the main IP anomaly
- The other proposed future holes (OMU21DD003 & 004) are designed to vector towards Omu SE.
- 500m planned with one hole ( 15% of drilling budget)
Omu – soils & IP Survey Data
Omu – Geologic & IP Survey Data
OMU – all datasets
OMU – IP Chargeability Targets
Chargeability anomaly as seen below the E-W Omu creek (centre of survey) and main Fault displayed here at depths -50m to -350m ( extent of survey) shows a significant body dipping to the south. This becomes the basis of our drill program.
OMU – IP Near Surface Targets
- IP survey defines at least 2 distinct chargeability targets at Omu Prospect
- This section viewed at 120m below surface
- Omu Central, is approximately 800m long by 300-400m wide
- Omu NE is 300-500m long by 200-300 m wide
- Both targets have coincident copper in soil anomalies and copper mineralization in outcrop
OMU – IP Targets Shown to -335m
- Both Omu Central and Omu NE maintain their chargeability amplitude at depth & beyond
- Both are open at depth to at least 335m vertical below surface
- IP survey limits between 300 and 400m depth
- Omu Central anomaly widens at depth and dips moderately to the south
- Omu NE appears to remain vertical
- Further work mapping the breccia zone between the high-grade showings #109257 and #109080
- Geochemical soil and rock sampling over potential underlying intrusive on a more detailed scale
- 2 x 250 m drillholes, 500 m (15% drilling budget)
- 1 hole targeting Au in breccia, 1 hole targeting Au-Cu in hydrothermal magnetite
0.82% Cu, 15.45 g/t Au
0.34 %Cu, 15.50 g/t Au