Directors & Management
Iain Martin - Director and Interim CEO and President, Canada
- Iain has over 20 years of experience as an Investment Advisor with RBC Wealth Management managing private and corporate accounts. His background encompasses Capital Markets, Investor Relations, Portfolio Management, Estate and Insurance. Work experience in the exploration and local mining operations in the Timmins area introduced him to the exploration sector. In 2016 he was a Co-Founder of 5SD Capital, a project generator company acquiring mineral properties and royalties in Northern Ontario which was sold in late 2018. Currently a director of the Timmins Economic Development Corporation (TEDC) and past Director on the Board of the Timmins and District Hospital where he was Chair of the Finance Committee and Member of the Executive Committee. He has a M.Sc., in Mining Engineering from Queen’s University, geology courses from Lakehead University and a B.Sc. in Biology from University of Toronto.
Stephen Grey – Director, PNG and Australia
- Stephen has extensive PNG experience currently the Country Manager of Wokman Teleoks Ltd a major supplier of labour to the resource sector in PNG. Prior to his existing tenure he was the Regional Manager at Applus Velosi for Australia,Indonesia, PNG and Oceania, supplying manpower and inspection services to the Oil/Gas and Mining industries.
Dr. Chris Cornelius – Director, USA
- Dr. Chris Cornelius is a ‘hands-on’ prospect generator and resource developer, who has held multi-dimensional positions in exploration, engineering, and operations. He has been directly involved in the management, drilling, and completion of several thousand wells in many of the world’s major hydrocarbon provinces. Dr. Cornelius has extensive experience in the resources sector, with over 30 years of experience and holds a B.Sc. from Manchester University and Ph.D. from Birmingham University in the UK, both in geology.
Steve Balch—Director, Canada
- Steve is an Ontario registered geoscientist with 32 years experience in geophysics, specializing in the magnetic and electromagnetic methods, but also with experience in large exploration compilations. He has experience in the exploration of nickel-copper and PGE deposits in Canada, Mexico, China, Kazakhstan, Russia and Peru over the last twenty-five years. Currently Steve is VP Exploration and Officer of Canada Nickel Company Inc. and Co-Founder.
David Drinkwater— Chair and Director, Canada
- Mr. Drinkwater was a Senior Advisor to Rothschild Canada until December 31, 2015. Prior thereto, Mr. Drinkwater was the Chairman of Rothschild Canada from April 15, 2009 to July 1, 2013. Prior thereto, Mr. Drinkwater was the Chief Legal Officer of Nortel Networks Corporation from December 19, 2005 to December 31, 2008 and Senior Advisor from then to March 31, 2009.
- From August 2004 to December 2005, he acted as an independent consultant and corporate director. From April 2003 to July 2004, Mr. Drinkwater served as Executive Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer at Ontario Power Generation Inc. From December 1998 to March 2003, Mr. Drinkwater was Executive Vice-President, Corporate Development and Legal Affairs at Ontario Power Generation.
- Mr. Drinkwater holds an LL.M. from the London School of Economics, an LL.B. from Dalhousie University and a B.A. in Business Administration from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario.
Paul Rokeby CPA, CA.- Chief Financial Officer, and Treasurer, Timmins, ON, Canada
- Partner at MNP Inc., over 30 years of accounting experience with exploration companies and general accounting practice.
He is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario (1984) and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants.